WCCCC Environment & Heritage Sub-Committee
The Environment and Heritage (E&H) Sub-Committee provides a forum in which Traditional Owners and Rio Tinto Weipa can consult, review, provide advice and recommendations to the Coordinating Committee related to Environment and Heritage activities identified in the Western Cape Communities Coexistence Agreement (WCCCA) and the WCCCA Strategic Plan.
E&H Sub-Committee Members
The Environment and Heritage Sub-Committee is chaired by a member of the Coordinating Committee and comprises membership which gives representation to the Parties represented on the Coordinating Committee as follows:
- Florence Charger – WCCCC Chairperson
- Ernest Madua SNR – Central Representative
- Carol Yamashita – Central Representative (Chair)
- Linda McLachlan- Northern Representative
- Delora Nixon- Northern Representative
- Kathy Owokran- Southern Representative
- Loyla Chevathen – Southern Representative
- Janine Schleich – Rio Tinto Weipa
- Adam Clements – Rio Tinto Weipa
- Bella Savo – Specialist, Cultural Heritage, Rio Tinto Weipa
- Implementation Manager, WCCT
Members are elected for a 2 year term. The current term expires in around October 2024.