WCCCC Environment & Heritage Sub-Committee
The Environment and Heritage (E&H) Sub-Committee provides a forum in which Traditional Owners and Rio Tinto Weipa can consult, review, provide advice and recommendations to the Coordinating Committee related to Environment and Heritage activities identified in the Western Cape Communities Coexistence Agreement (WCCCA) and the WCCCA Strategic Plan.
E&H Sub-Committee Members
The Environment and Heritage Sub-Committee is chaired by a member of the Coordinating Committee and comprises membership which gives representation to the Parties represented on the Coordinating Committee as follows:
- Florence Charger – Northern Representative (Chairperson)
- Charles Woosup – Northern Representative
- Matilda John – Central Representative
- Anna Motton – Central Representative
- Barbara Bandicootcha – Southern Representative
- Loyla Chevathen – Southern Representative
- Corine Matasia – (Chairperson, Coordinating Committee)
- TBC – Health, Safety and Environment Manager, Rio Tinto Weipa
- Elosie Hoffman – Archaeologist Specialist, Rio Tinto Northern Australia
- Geoffrey Fahey – Executive Officer, WCCT
- Lisa Stamm – Implementation Officer, WCCT
Members are elected for a 2 year term. The current term expires in around October 2018.